Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Display meta information for custom post type in search results

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • martkal

Thanks for a great plugin!

I´m using SF with WP job manager and would like the search results to display the same way as when using the built in filter in WP job manager. I have tried using what I assume is the template for displaying search results in WP job manager specifically content-job_listing.php by copying it to the theme folder as explained in the docs. This does not work, maybe I´m using the wrong template or something. But the results does not display the right way.

So now I´m wondering if I can edit the SF results.php template in a way that would fetch the meta information in the WP job manager job_listing custom post type. Meta like location, company thumbnail, job expiration date and so on, and display it in the search results. Then I could style it with css myself. Is there a way to do this? I´m not a very advanced user so I probably need a little dumbed down explanation.

Kind regards
    Martin

Trevor Moderator

Normally, there is not a major issue with integrating with the WP Job Manager plugin, so are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Other users tend to use the Post Type Archive display results method. Does that not work for you?

martkal
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Which Post Type are you searching? Vacancies I think. This is made by the WP Job Manager plugin, and so the plugin must be taking over that post type and its archive.

I spoke to another user who had this plugin also, but, looking at their current website, I cannot see our plugin in use. This would suggest they too have not found a way to combine these two plugins.

Are you able to ask the developer of WP Job Manager if the plugin has a hook that can be used to add another argument to the wp_query that it runs?

martkal
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I need to be able to see a ‘good’ page and a ‘bad’ page side by side (live so that I can examine the HTML) to see what is missing. Likely the bad page needs the HTML structure and classnames adding.

Are you able to provide this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.