Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Detect ACF data

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Johnathan.PRO

I’m creating a database with ACF of contacts. I need to be able to query an ACF custom field and then simply return whether the contact exists within the database or not. All of the other information needs to stay behind WordPress.

Trevor Moderator

I assume that you have a Custom Post Type (CPT), maybe called Contacts to which you have attached an ACF field group.

What do you envision that the form would look like? In other words, what do you expect the user to have to do to search the contacts, and what do you envision the results (or result) to look like?

Johnathan.PRO

For whatever reason I didn’t receive an email notification on this string, but I’d like to have a textbox and then use SFPRO to query contact_id and e-mail custom fields. If the field exists then I’d like to just return a message to continue onward to registration.

Trevor Moderator

I see. I presume you would handle the security and forwarding in your own coding.
    With regard to using a Textual Search field to search Custom Fields, the Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the form advanced tab you will see settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set it up and build its index.

Some way down the Relevanssi settings page is a single entry setting to support custom fields. Please note that ACF field meta key names do NOT start with an underscore (it has 3 keys per field, which can be confusing).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.