Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Default Post EDD Tag Integration

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Richard Trotman

Hello,

I am looking for the ability to set my default display with Easy Digital Downloads tags I’ve created for individual products. I do see that there are some meta_values for functions related to EDD, but nothing specifically for the EDD tags. I’d like to use those tags as a secondary and even primary sort option.

Please let me know any thoughts.

Trevor Moderator

EDD Tags should appear in the Taxonomy object in the Form UI. Is that what you wanted? As well as EDD Categories.

Richard Trotman

Not quite. I am wanting to utilize download_tag as a default sort source, so that by default, I can display my products by the rankings tags I’ve added to each product.

For example, I’ve tagged each product with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. as appropriate. Each product also has a year in the title. Ideally, I’d be able to make the default display order the current or most recent year, 2016, and ascending by the rankings I’ve tagged to each respective product.

I see there is an option to sort by Meta Value, but download_tag, is not in that last and available for Default order or Secondary Sort Order.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

Ah, I see. It does make sense. I assume you only place one tag per download? If so, could you not use a custom field for this?

Richard Trotman

I use multiple tags for each product. The year, ranking, event, amongst other things.

Trevor Moderator

Would it not be better to have these as separate custom fields? If you ever have to search these separately, they cannot all be in Tags anyway. Only one field for tags (or any other taxonomy/meta) is allowed in a search form.

Richard Trotman

I use the tagging system for some other custom development, so it is necessary. Also, did not want to re-write any of the EDD functionality. Is there not a way to include download_tag as a meta value in the default sort order?

Trevor Moderator

Tags aren’t meta values, they are taxonomy. If it did sort on that, surely all the other tags would interfere? As soon as there is more than one tag per post, how does it choose which to sort by?

Richard Trotman

Currently in the Form UIs I exclude the tags I do not wish to include in the search function/operation.

Trevor Moderator

Yes, but the sort option in the Post settings tab would not allow this anyway. Excluding tags in the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies settings will not just exclude those tags, it will exclude any posts with those tags. Those excluded posts will inevitably also have the tags you want as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.