Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Date Filter Using ACF

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • David Marek

Hi, I have posts for simple events that are aligned to our collection points. I want to show where we have events by the date and availability. We rehome hens and want to show when there are hens available at a certain collection point.

I can filter on that using a taxonomy field OK (Hens Available) and this shows the posts where we have hens available.

What I also want to do is filter by date. From this page, https://holly.undermywing.org.uk/test-rehoming-points/ we have events in Cheshire in August and Devon in July, but entering the July dates in the date fields doesn’t filter out the Devon post – nothing is shown.

Can you tell me where I’m going wrong? I should have set up the ACF connection OK and I’ve set the dates as YYYYMMDD, though it would be good to actually display them in a different format – ideally dd mmm yyyy.

Also, is there a way to preset a date filter? It would be great to have a button or checkbox to ‘Show hens available this month’ and ‘Show hens available next month’ – is that possible?

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

The meta key you have sued is wrong. You have used:

_next_rehoming_date

Look further down the list for next_rehoming_date (without the preceding underscore).

The preset date filters may become possible in V3, due in a few months.

David Marek

Thanks Trevor – works fine now!

I’ve also got the date format as I want – I set it to display and return as
    ‘July 9, 2020 F j, Y’ in ACF which I didn’t think would work, but the S&F Date Input Format is set for ACF YYYYMMDD with display set to ’09/07/2020′, so I’d have thought these wouldn’t tie up, but so far so good.

Trevor Moderator

Great. Is it OK to close this thread for now?

David Marek

Yes – thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Date Filter Using ACF’ is closed to new replies.