Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Customizing search results display (Divi)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Maciej Bindas

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install&custimize your plugin on my new project’s website and am stuck at customizing search results display.

I had some problems with customizing other aspects of the plugin at earlier stages due to no background in coding but managed to resolve them on my own. Now I am afraid I need your help.

A few questions then:
    1. How do I make every result show up with a photo and dedicated description? Please take a look at what my search results look like now:
    img01
    2. Once I start filtering out the results another problem shows up; this time there seems to be some incongruence between results.php and Divi file. Please take a look at the screen below.
    img02
    3. Where can I find a line of code that will help me make the red-marked part more neat?
    img03

Complementary info which may help:
    1. I use search&filter pro with active license
    2. I use CPT UI plugin and taxonomies to manage content
    3. I use Divi theme with active license

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
    Maciek

Trevor Moderator

Did you use the suggested method for integrating into Divi that I wrote here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/divi-blog-module-grid/#post-99184

The Ajax Container will be different if you do not use a grid, but instead a normal archive list (one result after the other).

Maciej Bindas

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for prompt response. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to apply the advice you gave in mentioned post to my case. Two questions come up when I try to follow it:

1. Where should I paste the CodeElement? Should it be pasted into functions.php file of Divi theme?
    2. What will be the Ajax Cointainer in my case?

Would you like to get access to my site?

Best,
    Maciek

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Maciej Bindas
    Trevor Moderator
    Maciej Bindas
    Trevor Moderator
    Maciej Bindas

It all looks neat and works very well, thank you for this again. The questions I was referring to come from the very first post in this topic:

1. How do I make every result show up with a photo and dedicated description? (supplementary photo in first post)
    2. Where can I find a line of code that will help me make the red-marked part more neat? (supplementary photo in first post)

Could you please take a look at it?

Thank you,
    Maciek

Trevor Moderator

Ah, the display of the posts (content etc) is set in the Divi Blog Module. I do not have much experience with using that, but their own community is huge and I am sure someone there will be able to show you how, if a guide to how does not already exist.

As to the appearance of the search form, that has to be done with Custom CSS. That, of course, varies according to the taste of the designer (you) or the site owner.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Customizing search results display (Divi)’ is closed to new replies.