Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Customer option to display only in-stock product

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 118 total)
  • Dave Burrows

I want for customers to have the ability to display either all products (default), or to be able to limit what they see displayed only to what I have in-stock. Inventory is recorded in and is displayed from the field labeled “Stock qty”. That functions correctly.

Trevor Moderator

So that field contains a number, from 0 upwards, or maybe is missing on new stock?

The only way to do as you want is to have an extra logical field that EVERY product has either (say) 0 or 1, and make that a calculated field (is saved/changed/checked) every time you edit/update a product, where you would create a function that runs hooking in to the WordPress save_post() function. It would work out whether to make the field 0 or 1.

That somewhat is dependent on however you run stock control, that when you update stock levels in the database, that also triggers the save_post(0 function (as it should).

A bit complex, but it is the only way to do as you want.

Dave Burrows

I wish that you’d please speak in a way that anyone can understand. I really don’t understand what you’re saying. I think you’d understand both of my questions more clearly if you’d please visit my site, and see what’s going on as well as to be able to address the questions more appropriately.

Trevor Moderator

Sorry, I didn’t see a link to the page on your site with the search form on?

I am sorry that you didn’t understand my reply. In simple terms, you cannot have a front end form field control that says ‘show me only those items that are in stock’. You would need to code a workaround.

Dave Burrows

This back-and-forth wastes a lot of time. I posted two issues at the same time. I had no idea it would be so difficult for your software to notice that.

My site is http://www.yarn.rehab

The issue is clear once you make the effort to get there rather than move on to the next topic you have to deal with. Dude, really. Please. If you con’t manage your own plugin, please refund me. I’ll delete it, post my feedback and move on.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dave Burrows

I’m sorry for my tone yesterday. This is so frustrating for me because it’s like I almost understand. Almost doesn’t meet the mark, though. I am vaguely familiar with the words you’re using but I’m not fluent at all, so there’s a big gap in my comprehension.

I’ve never installed Skype, and while I could do that, I don’t have a microphone to use. I do have Team Viewer and use it pretty often. Do you use it?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dave Burrows

I only have a little that I need to get done this weekend and there’s nothing that needs to be done at any particular time, so I can be available anytime. What time’s good for you?

Dave Burrows

Things get pretty busy for me starting Wednesday, but Monday and Tuesday would work as easily for me as this weekend if either would be better for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Customer option to display only in-stock product’ is closed to new replies.