Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom Taxonomy

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ross.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Matthew Pine

We are using Easy Digital Downloads for ecommerce and are using your search plugin to allow users to filter products.

The integration looks pretty good, but there is one issue that I need some help on. We have a multi select field where users can select a “Type” for their product. This is not included in the standard taxonomy it looks like.

So my question is how do we add this as a filter option?

Thanks!

Matthew Pine

For what it’s worth – I can use the post meta to display content from this field, but it only shows the ID not the value…

Matthew Pine

It seems like I’ve got this figured out now, by changing teh Display Meta Field from Number to Choice – although it is a real pain to have to manually add all of the options for Type.

This works for posts that only have a single type associated with them. But when an additional type is added, then your plugin treats that like a unique type. Here is an example:

Meta Key: Type
    Meta Value: Books| Lesson Plans

In the above example, the post does not show up when I filter for Books, Lesson Plans, or both. To get that post to show up, I have to create a new Type value of “Books | Lesson Plans”.

Is there a way to address this?

Ross Moderator

Hey Matthew

Support is a limited until next week but lets get the ball rolling on this one..

How are you creating your “types”?

Can you send me a screen shot of your settings metabox and also this custom field in the Search Form UI?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.