Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom taxonomy search with multi-select not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • M V

Hi
    Just updated to WP 4.2 and S&F 1.4.2 and some of our custom search criteria have stopped working.
    e.g. we have a custom taxonomy assoc_people and have a search form using multi-select on assoc_people. When an entry is selected and the form run the results set is all possible records rather than just those with assoc_people=slected_entry
    The generated url is now of the form ?sfid=65535&=aitkens-mr-ian-63534
    where as it used to be of the form ?sfid=65535&_sft_assoc_people=aitkens-mr-ian-63534

In testing I noticed that if I change input type to be dropdown then the search generates the full url and works fine.
    Can you help?
    Thanks
    Mark

M V

Hi

Just done some digging and it looks like a problem in \public\includes\class-search-filter-generate-input.php public function generate_wp_multiselect
    line 47 reads:
    $returnvar = ‘<select multiple=”multiple” name=”‘.$args[‘name’].'[]” class=”postform”‘.$elem_attr.’>’;
    should read:
    $returnvar = ‘<select multiple=”multiple” name=”‘.$name.'[]” class=”postform”‘.$elem_attr.’>’;

Hope this helps.
    Mark

Ross Moderator

Hey Mark

Thanks for the update. This latest version was rushed in hopes that it would fix things for users before I went away.

Yeah, I had to change $args['name'] to something like $args['sf_name'] to get it all working nice

Working on this update now 🙂

Thanks

Ross Moderator

The update is out – (v1.4.3) – let me know if this resolves your issues.

Thanks

M V

Hi Ross
    Yes that’s great – all working now.
    Thank you for the speedy fix.
    Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.