Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom Search

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • onlinedude

I need some help with the following, this is for a website related to rental house listings.

1. How do you customize the look and feel of the Search widget’s appearance? For example, to have the drop-down for Bedrooms on the right side of the label instead of below the label.

2. I want to allow people to search by rent amounts up to a certain amount per week, e.g. up to $400 per week, up to $500 per week etc.

Thanks

onlinedude

One other question, in my custom fields, I have one for “Active” and “Inactive”. How do we get the search to only display rental houses with the “Active” data? Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey onlinedude

1) Search & filter provides very little styling so that you (and theme developers) can do this yourself – so you need to be familiar with CSS… If you are happy to add styling via css then my recommendation would be to add your styles to the “style.css” in your theme…

Then you can target the Search & Filter form quite easily:

.searchandfilter li
    {
        background-color:#f00;
    }

Also if you inspect the HTML generated, nearly all fields are wrapped in a class that is related to the field name – ie = .sf-category if you had a category field in there…

2) Unfortunately the plugin does not allow for “upto $500” for example – I hope to add this in the future.

If your data is stored as post meta, then you would select a post meta field, and choose a number range option – then your users can do a search with a from - to range.

Ross Moderator

RE your last question, there is no way to set defaults at the moment, but there maybe a workaround, let me think and I’ll come back to you – basically you will need to hook in to pre_get_posts and modify the query yourself..

onlinedude

Hi Ross, thanks for your reply. I’m using the range option for the rent and bedrooms. Regarding my 2nd question, I have houses with taxonomy of Status = Active or Archived. Would be great in your enhancements to include an easy way to add conditions, e.g. show records except when Status = Archived for example.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions onlinedude, its in progress 😉

Ross Moderator

PS didn’t get a chance to look at the query for you yet but will get back once I get a chance to do some testing..

Ross Moderator

Hey onlinedude, including/excluding has been added as a feature in the latest update

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.