Support Forums

Support Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom Post Type Results

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Andrew Smith

Hi there!

We have the filter set up and it’s working, however it always refreshes to a new page when selecting an item even though Ajax has been selected. Also, when visiting the initial page to list the custom post types, there is no initial search of all the posts.

We are using Avada and have followed the FAQ’s. We are trying to load the AJAX results into a custom text block with the ID of #searchresults.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Andrew Smith
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Andrew Smith
    Trevor Moderator

The forms have an identical appearance? Although, I do see one is using the Shortcode method, and the other uses the As an Archive method.

The shortcode method will yield results but their appearance is not as desired.

The as an archive method will not stay on the page (unless you set the page slug as desired, but cannot act upon the Avada archive code, as we have no means (at this time) to connect to their query method.

The only alternative is to use a third party plugin to do the filtering and styling the display, using this method:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/post-grid/

Andrew Smith
    Trevor Moderator

Any help, guidance and snippets you can provide would be of great help, thanks. If it all works now, can I close this thread?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.