Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Custom Post taxonomies don't appear to register

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DANIEL MORRIS

I’m using ultimatum theme and search and filter pro and I’m using a bespoke version of ACF (supplied via ultimatum).

I want to search one custom post type. I’m creating the forms, but whilst doing this I’ve noticed that there’s something odd going on with the taxonomies for the custom posts I am using. It’s as though Search and Filter doesn’t see them all, despite rebuilding the cache repeatedly.

In my all custom posts screen I can see for example, 36 custom posts have a particular taxonomy. However the search and filter says I have no posts. With another taxonomy I have 91 custom posts with that assigned but search and filter says I have none.

Obviously I’ve done something wrong, but what?

I hope you can help?

Regards,

Daniel

DANIEL MORRIS

However,

If I go back into the post, take off the taxonomy save, reapply and save, it appears. Problem is I’ve got 392 posts and a fear of repetitive strain injury.

Trevor Moderator

Hi Dan, can you provide me with admin logins in a private reply? If there is more than one s&f form, which one, and which page can I see the form in action?

DANIEL MORRIS
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

They seek him here, they seek him there …..

I have made a few changes to the setup:

1. The Display Type is now shortcode
    2. There is no need to put the results shortcode in the page; selecting it in the Custom loop widget is enough.
    3. I have replaced the Text widget with the S&F widget in the layout.
    4. I have hidden any values with zero results.

However, in the form, in the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies tab, you have Status set to 302,301,303 and this excludes all Restoration Posts that do NOT have Status set. Also, on the Post Meta tab you have it set to sesteire-ACF char exists.

I suspect that this also is an issue.

DANIEL MORRIS

Thank you – I appreciate your help.
    Dumb mistakes from fiddling I’m afraid.

have a good day

Daniel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Custom Post taxonomies don't appear to register’ is closed to new replies.