Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General CSS Styling

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Christopher Weaver

I am interested in styling my results. Can someone please point me in the right direction for CSS resources for search and filter pro?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

You would need to write your own custom CSS or use of the many WordPress CSS customizers (like Yellow Pencil, SO-CSS or MicroThemer).

Christopher Weaver

Ok, thanks.

One of the issues I am trying to resolve is that I am searching through custom post types that have a digital download file in the content. I’d like the user to be able to click “download” directly from the search results list instead of clicking into the post and then clicking download. Is this possible or do you suggest a better way to use search and filter pro to search pdf’s with the purpose of simply downloading any of the results?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

It is possible if you are using the Shortcode Results method. I am helping another user (also using EDD) and we are using a theme that is designed to work with customizing both EDD (and other plugins) and also Search and Filter pro.

Where (what country) are you based? I am in the UK.

Christopher Weaver

Hi Trevor

Ok thanks.

I actually just moved to the USA 18 months ago from the UK so I am on EST coast time. Any insight here would be great.

Thank you.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Christopher Weaver

Hi Trevor.

Sorry about confusion. I responded directly through email so it maybe didn’t get through. I am in meetings all morning and won’t finish until about 12pm EST. I am free to talk then, but I understand that is outside of working hours for you. Are you avaialable tomorrow?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

Our emails go to a no-reply address (a black hole) 🙁

12pm est is only 4PM GMT I think. Should be OK.

Trevor Moderator

OK, well that was interesting and should you need help on incorporating parts of an EDD post (such as the download button), please let me know, but, as we discussed, said ‘purchase’ button might look like this in our results.php template:

<?php
      do_shortcode('[purchase_link text="Download Document" style="button"]');
    ?>

The options for that shortcode are here:

http://docs.easydigitaldownloads.com/article/229-purchaselink

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.