Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Choosing a display results method and pretty URLs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Abby

I have chosen the display results method “As Archive” with a custom template (results.php), which is working pretty well. I’ve also placed my custom template code on the various archive/taxonomy pages so they all have the same look and I can use the filters there as well, which is mostly working well.

I am not sure if having the same basic code in my taxonomy and archive templates as I do in my custom results template is the best approach but it was the only way I could see to make this work. Am I going about this the right way?

For example, I have a custom taxonomy called “type”. I have the same code on my taxonomy-type.php as I do on my results.php template so that if I use the filtering I see the same thing as if I click on an archive link for that taxonomy. So
    domain.com/type
    looks the same as
    domain.com/results/?_sft_type=blog

I’d really like to use the pretty url and I am also concerned about having duplicate content issues, so I am wondering how to get the urls to match when filtering. I see in your Modify URLs section, you can use sf_results_url but it states this is mainly for changing protocol and that there can be unexpected results. Would using this method work here or if you would suggest another method?

Trevor Moderator

At this time, our plugin does not support Pretty Permalinks. It is planned for the next major release.

Abby

So if I can’t use pretty URLs, is there another method that makes more sense and will avoid issues I might have in this scenario with duplicate content? Does my method choice and structure make sense or is there a better way that might avoid this problem?

Trevor Moderator

Is the ‘type’ taxonomy attached to one Custom Post Type?

Abby

No, multiple.

Trevor Moderator

At this there is no solution for this issue. It is the way that all standard WordPress searches are done. It can be made better, and, as I have said, we do plan to do this, I think by using transients instead. But this is not possible right now.

Jaye

Hello,

Has there been any progress on this yet? I am trying to figure out how to remove the _sft_ from the URL so that it reads ?topic=analytics rather than ?_sft_topic=analytics.

My ‘topic’ Custom Taxonomy is attached to a Custom Post Type named ‘tools’.

Trevor Moderator

V3 is getting closer (maybe a few more months), but for now you can’t do as you want, I am sorry.

EMINA IVS Emil Debski

Hi Trevor.

I am looking for pretty permalinks as well – and i’ve seen 4-5 times on here, you refer to V3 and that it is some months away – but that was back in start 2018, which is nearly 2 years ago. Is there any development on this?

Trevor Moderator

V3 is closer, but not yet done. We have to balance current version support versus V3 development.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Choosing a display results method and pretty URLs’ is closed to new replies.