Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Checking a second tag takes me to a full post page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nigel Robertson

Hi
    I’ve setup the plugin using ‘Tag’ as the available field which does show the list of tags I’ve created. In checking one tag box it does pull up the correct post excerpts in archive page, however on checking a second tag I’m directed to a full post page? So not seeing the 2 tag results on the archive.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Regards
    Nigel

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Nigel Robertson

Hi Trevor

Thanks for prompt reply.

http://www.nrgzone.ie/schematics/

Regards
    Nigel

Trevor Moderator

IF, for example, I select Gas Boiler AND Heat Pump, do you want it to give you results that:

Have either or both these terms, OR
    Only those post that have both?

Nigel Robertson

Only show posts that have both those tags.

Nigel Robertson

So for ‘Gas Boiler’ and ‘Heat Pump’ you would see 7 posts.
    Thanks.

Trevor Moderator

But there are only 5 with Gas Boiler and only 2 with Hat Pump, so the maximum could only be 2 at most with both terms? And maybe none?

Nigel Robertson

Actually, you’re right, ideally want to narrow the search results as tag choices are made. However why is it the search page directs to full post when a second tag is chosen?

Trevor Moderator

OK, to be able to do that, in the General settings tab:

Set Auto Count (both settings) to ON

And then in the Form UI:

In each field set Hide Empty to ON

This may also prevent what is happening. What I suspect is that your theme is trying to handle a No Results Found situation.

Nigel Robertson

Hi Trevor

Thank you very much for your prompt replies and the last piece of info there.
    Exactly what I was after.

It turns out it was another plugin causing the redirect issue (Content Views Plugin)
    I’ve turned this off and all working fine.

Thanks again,
    Nigel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Checking a second tag takes me to a full post page’ is closed to new replies.