Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Changing “Submit” button text to icon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Katherine Snyder

hey there!

i’ve been trying to figure out how to get my search form to look like the red one on the left sidebar of this page, but i can’t seem to get the submit button text to change to displaying an icon.

i’d prefer to have it display an SVG (this one), but i don’t know how to change text to an SVG (pretty sure it’s possible, i’m just not skilled with CSS)…

so i was trying to follow the instructions in this thread in the meantime, but Search & Filter doesn’t seem to want to save the unicode value. whenever i save a new unicode value in the “Submit label” field in the Search & Filter Settings & Defaults screen, it doesn’t save; just stays blank.

here’s the code i’m using in CSS; maybe i’m doing this wrong:

.sf-field-submit > ul > li {font-family: 'FontAwesome';}

here’s a link to a page that’s displaying the current Search & Filter Pro instance in the left sidebar if you wanna inspect it yrselves.

Trevor Moderator

Does the submit label accept html?

Like this:

<i class="fa fa-home"></i>

And us the font awesome cheatsheet to work out the desired icon class (instead of home).

Katherine Snyder

nope…after saving, it deleted everything other than “</i

Trevor Moderator

When you are saving the unicode in there, do you mean like this:

& #x f002;

I added two spaces so you can see it!! For me it saves it?

Katherine Snyder

nope…saves as nothing. :/

Trevor Moderator

Most odd. It works for me, so something must be causing this in your installation or server.

Katherine Snyder

Okay. I’ve put out some calls for help with my friends who are better at backend stuff. If we figure it out, we’ll post the solution here in case somebody else is running into the same problem.

Mary Hitchings

I’m having this problem, too. When the page loads it just shows the little rectangle for a bit and then disappears.

Ross Moderator

Hi Mary

We’ve stopped using these forums for support – can you open a supprt ticket via your account?
    https://searchandfilter.com/account/support/

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.