Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Category field combining posts that have multiple categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • besweeet

I have posts, some of which have multiple categories assigned to them. When using the category field, it’s showing combined categories: https://i.imgur.com/tS5Q60h.png.

Is there a way to prevent the categories from being merged?

Ross Moderator

Hi there

In your search form (wp-admin), goto your category field, and you will see the option Search Operator

This changes the way they are combined.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

besweeet

Whether it’s set to AND or OR, it still merges posts with multiple categories :/.

besweeet

Also, I gave manually adding the option using the “manual entry” option for the category field. The behavior is quite odd.

For example, I have one category called “Account” that has three posts associated. Yet, after I manually assign it, it says there are zero posts. For some of the other categories, it’s not displaying the correct number of posts. There’s one category that is counting five fewer posts than it should.

No idea what’s going on…

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    besweeet

Unfortunately, I’m working inside of a development environment that’s only accessible from within our corporate network. I’d be happy to show you everything through a video screen share session.

Ross Moderator

Thats ok, can you send screenshots for your search form settngs? Go through each tab of the settings box, and also the fields that are causing issues.

Thanks

besweeet
    Trevor Moderator
    besweeet
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Category field combining posts that have multiple categories’ is closed to new replies.