Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Category archive dynamic filter

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)
  • Leon Menezes

We need to add the search form to our category archive page for specific categories (we are using Divi and Extra)
    Is there a way to show only the categories relevant to the one being rendered?
    Something like what it is possible to do with the option ‘Detect defaults from current page’, but instead of showing all the categories on the website and having the defaults selected, we would like these defaults to be the only visible ones in the form

Trevor Moderator

Is this in relation to what is shown (the content) in the Posts/Results grid/list?

Leon Menezes

Hi Trevor,
    yes we want to customise some category archive pages, so we can have the search&filter form to filter the articles for that specific category and show the results on the same page

Trevor Moderator

You would need to set the pages up using the method described right at the end of the guide (making sure you are using the extra extension that you can download from the top of the page – if you are logged in):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/divi/

Then, making sure that the Category taxonomy is in the form, set these settings:

1. Set autodetect category/taxonomy:

https://www.screencast.com/t/3B40jPYRF4SA

2. And also set ‘Enable filtering on Taxonomy Archives’:

https://www.screencast.com/t/piCPyshb6

Then you can use the same form on all category pages.

You might also want to filter out unwanted category terms, so in the General Setting tab, set Auto Count (both settings) to ON

And then in the Form UI:

In each field set Hide Empty set to ON

Leon Menezes

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your help so far, however I am still having some trouble.

To try and explain my problem I have given an example below. Currently if I am on the archive page for child category 1a (site.com/category/category-a/child-category-1a), I am getting the option to filter by Category B, 1b and 2b, which doesn’t make sense.

If I am on the archive page for child category 1a, how can I make it so I can filter only by A, 1a and 2a?

e.g
    -Category A
    –Child category 1a
    –Child category 2a
    -Category B
    –Child category 1b
    –Child category 2b

We have set each field Hide Empty to ON, however it’s not doing anything as it is still counting posts from all categories.

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Leon Menezes
    Trevor Moderator
    Leon Menezes
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.