Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Can't update to 2.5.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ron Dvir

Hello
    When I try to upgrade I received the following error message:
    Update Failed: Download failed. Unauthorized

Please help. THJanks
    Ron

Art Munson

On my site it says: “Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.”

Teresa Nightingale

Same here: says Update Failed: Download failed. Unauthorized
    Also a blank pop up when clicking “view details” in the plugins screen, on the right side it says “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

Trevor Moderator

For each of you posting here, I need to know what the current version of you plugin is. And you need to confirm that the plugin licence is activated. It might necessary to deactivate it and re-activate it.

Art Munson

Hi Trevor,

This morning this had disappeared: “Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.” and I was able to update normally.

Trevor Moderator

OK Art, you are sorted then?

Art Munson

Yep, all good. Sorry should have made that clearer.

Happy Holidays!

Teresa Nightingale

Yes, the license was activated, I just tried updating again, still the same error.
    So I tried deactivating the license as you suggested (so I could reactivate it). Clicking “Deactivate License” did nothing (also clicked the Save Changes button). Then I removed the key from the box and tried again – then it was deactivated. I then put the key back in the box and clicked Activate License and Save Changes but it remains deactivated. Now I can’t activate it at all! Now what?

Teresa Nightingale

Never mind – I figured it out. I checked under “My Account” on this site, to find out why I couldn’t reactivate the license. Under “Manage sites” I saw that the site URL associated with the license was actually the development site URL (a subdomain) – it wasn’t updated after the site went live several months ago. I disconnected that site then added the correct one. Then I was able to update the plugin and after that, activate the license (in that order – wouldn’t let me activate the license before updating, strangely).

Ron Divr – maybe a similar issue in your case?

It would have been helpful if there had been some kind of message on the Licence admin tab indicating that the license was associated with a different site URL and to login to my account to update it.

Thanks,
    Teresa

Tim Wise

Thanks, Teresa! I never looked there. Same issue for me. I never changed from my dev site to the production site. Updated to 2.5 cleanly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.