Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Caching tables missing – creating opens an empty page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jan Panhoff

Hi,

I get the message
    Search & Filter Error: The caching tables are missing – click here to create them

when I click the link it opens mysite.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=search_filter_build_cache_table and apparently nothing happens. Is there any way to manually add the tables?

Thanks and best wishes,
    Jan

Trevor Moderator

Are you using a prefix for your WordPress database tables? You can check what this is (I don’t need to know what the prefix is) by editing the wp-config.php file in your wordpress root folder. Does the prefix contain uppercase letters (at least one)? If so, that is the issue. Get back to me if this is the case, and the rest of this post is not relevant to you.

OTHERWISE, the error message probably means that your server environment is preventing the making of the tables. You must manually add them with a database manager tool, such as phpmyadmin, or ARI Adminer (a plugin for WordPress). Please see this post for more details:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/problem-with-caching-tables/#post-73252

You will need to rebuild the search cache (button is in the top right of any edit form page). After making the tables.

Jan Panhoff

Hi Travor,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. Building the tables manually through phpMyAdmin did the trick 🙂

Thanks and best wishes,
    Jan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Caching tables missing – creating opens an empty page’ is closed to new replies.