Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Autocomplete, number of allowable filters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Myrna Ougland

Hi, I saw in an earlier post that autocomplete is being considered as an option in V3. Is that still in the works, and if so, when is V3 scheduled for release? Also, is there a maximum number of search-and-filter fields that you’d recommend, for example, if I am looking at a possible 2000 records, how many fields can I filter by — 10? 20? or more? We plan to simplify this in future, but right now we have an aging site with an “advanced search” function here: https://www.greatplantpicks.org/plantlists/advanced — I would love to convert this to WordPress but don’t know if that’s feasible. Thank you!

Ross Moderator

Hi Myrna

In regards to v3, thats looking like its out in a couple of months from now, autocomplete will likely be included 🙂

In regards to number of fields, this really depends on your server setup what you can get away with.

I have tested S&F with 3k posts, and about 5-10 fields on a shared hosting setup and looks like its running smoothly, however, I’ve heard the occasional user not be able to get away with this.

More fields does as you imply, add more overhead to the plugin, but only really when the fields are dynamic (change based on the selections in other fields), this option can be disabled though if required – and it looks like your existing search is not using this kind of functionality, so if doing a “like for like” it should be possible in my opinion.

I hope that helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

** Just to note, we are on a national holiday in the UK, so replies / support will slower/delayed until we are back on Tuesday.

Thanks

Myrna Ougland

Thank you, that is helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Autocomplete, number of allowable filters’ is closed to new replies.