Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Auto Count not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Konrad van Grinsven

Hi, I’ve installed your plugin and followed the instructions – very impressed! One problem – I can’t get auto count to work. So even though the results do auto update using ajax, the options in each of the drop down taxonomies never auto update depending on the last selection. Meaning I get a lot of ‘No results found’ which isn’t great for the user experience.

You can see my work in progress here: http://damsonpress.co.uk/romanticretreats/home/

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Konrad

Ross Moderator

Hye Konrad

As you can see in the admin, auto count was “beta” – which meant it had many problems. I am now removing this feature until I can implement this properly.

This will not work until the next major update of S&F Pro.

Thanks

Konrad van Grinsven

Hi Ross, thanks for your reply, I hear what you’re saying. We’re really keen to have this as part of our search & filter facility and the new site launch will sort of hinge on this so do you have any idea when we can expect this? I would be quite willing to contribute financially in some form if this helps.

Thanks,

Konrad

Ross Moderator

Hey Konrad what kind of deadlines are you working to?

It’s really something quite complicated to add in reliably, without putting too many database queries and overhead on to users sites. I’ve made some good headway recently however its just finding the time and doing a lot of testing on different installs.

Thanks

Konrad van Grinsven
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.