Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Ajax Pagination – Custom Selector – Where has it gone?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trent Turner

Hi Trevor.

The Ajax Pagination Custom Selector seems to be missing in V 2.5.1.

See screenshot: https://www.kubikdesign.com.au/posts/20200702-search-filter-pro.png

The left side of screen is V2.5.1
    The right side is V2.5.0

Do I need to enable something to get the custom selector?

Trevor Moderator

Normally, as the Shortcode method uses the results.php file, which you can edit, and that has the pagination code set to the default .pagination a, there is no need for that setting. But, I can see that you might wish to change that.

I tried this on my test site, and switched to Custom method, edited the setting, switched back to Shortcode and save the form, and the form settings show the newly edited settings.

But I don’t know if the form ignores or uses that setting.

I have referred this question to the plugin developer, Ross, for his input.

Trent Turner

My point was the setting is missing to be able to declare the pagination selector when comparing the 2 versions I highlighted.

Can you confirm this is the case?

Could be problematic for people upgrading the plugin also.

Ross Moderator

Hi Trent

Yes this was supposed to be disabled (some time ago) so certain display methods can “auto set” these for users – to make life easier! – this always happened with “ajax container” for the shortcode display method, we implemented a fix so it also occured for the pagination selector.

We haven’t had anyone else repot this yet, our assumption is users use our template to begin working on their own customisations – but of course this could have a knock on effect…

Are you able to put the default classes into your template?

I’m not sure yet whether to roll this change back, but I’m keeping a careful eye out now in case anyone else mentions it – sorry for the inconvenience!

Best

Trent Turner

Hi Ross.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Yes I was able to put the default class on the pagination.
    All good now thank you…!
    =)

Ross Moderator

Great stuff and thanks for the update, I’ll leave this one open for a week and see if anyone else brings up this issue in the meantime.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.