Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Ajax filter without refresh the page is not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)
  • CMU Portugal

I wish to filter the results based of Custom Fields and I’m having problems with pagination.

Here: https://www.cmuportugal.org/large-scale-collaborative-research-projects/aida/
    the botton of the page there are 2 forms.
    both are Elementor Posts widget filtered by search & filter pro.
    However, due to pagination, when clicked the event forces a page reload to change the page
    that behavior is not good. I wish to change the results without reloading the page.
    I already changed many things without success.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks
    Daniel

Trevor Moderator

I looked at the page given, but I can see none of our forms on the page?

Do you have two post blocks, each linked to a different form, on the page, but no forms. How do you search these posts?

CMU Portugal

At the bottom of the page there are 2 items
    In the news
    Publications
    you need to click to open and see the filtered results.

CMU Portugal

I wish only to filter the results.
    The reason is that the filter is based on ACF field that is not possible with the elementor posts widget alone.
    It’s like a static search… (i have several pages -projects- each one with one filter). There is no need to search in this page. only show filtered results.
    The result is almost what i need except for the experience.
    Currently click on paging forces reload the whole page. which is confusing for the navigation.

Trevor Moderator

I think Ajax pagination, which is what you want, may not be possible in this scenario. It may need the form on the page (even if it is hidden, which I am guessing would be OK), but that might lead to another problem, which is that there would then be two forms on the page.

I have referred this to the plugin developer, Ross, for his input.

CMU Portugal

Thanks,
    waiting for an input.

Ross Moderator

Hi Daniel

This might be possible, if you are comfortable adding some PHP to modify the results URLs dynamically? (I can help out with that)

You would also have to disable the setting make searches bookmarkable as the pagination of the two would interfer.

Let me know if that’s an avenue you want to pursue (and if you can create a test page showing the two results again).

Thanks

CMU Portugal

Hi Ross, thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I’m ok with adding custom code and I’d like your help if possible.
    I have a staging site we can test on without problems.
    We can try both approaches.
    When can we do that?

CMU Portugal
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Ajax filter without refresh the page is not working’ is closed to new replies.