Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro AJAX Filter Not Working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Betsy Cohen

The Ajax filter functionality using shortcodes along with the auto submit feature is not working. I can also confirm what another user said about initial results/posts appearing after page load. When will this be fixed?

Tsvetelin Tsonev

I think you have the same problem like me Betsy Cohen 🙂 . I tried to look at the .js files why the ajax call is fired right after page loads , but did not had enough time yesterday… Hope Ross will help with it!

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy, the posts auto loading was intentional behaviour but it looks like straight away you do not want to show any results until a user has clicked submit!

I will add this as an optional feature at the weekend.

RE the autosubmit, this is in fact broken in the shortcode version of the plugin – I am working on this now but I doubt that I will be able to update until the weekend.

Thanks

Betsy Cohen

Hi Ross,

The auto loading of posts is fine. It just seems like there’s quite a bit of delay for the 4 tests posts, and I’m wondering if the delay will increase significantly when there are more posts.

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy – I had a look at this and you’re right – basically ajax loads results once the document is finished loading – this can be some time though so I see what you are saying.

What I’ll do is (and I should have done it already) is have the initial set of posts load within the shortcode – and not fetched via ajax – so they are ready on page load – then all subsequent searches should be fetched using ajax – this should make it much quicker to load.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Hey Betsy, and update coming tomorrow will fix this issue 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.