Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Adding Search & Filter to Divi & Breaking Down Categories

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Robert Stewart

Hello,

I just purchased this product to create an advanced Attorney search and I seem to be having a couple of issues:

1.) I’m using DIVI theme (from Elegant Themes) and I can’t seem to find their search template? Any suggestions as to where I can find the file that I need to point to the “As An Archive” Display to? I keep getting this error: “Error: The custom template file search.php cannot be found – go to Display Results tab to fix”

2.) I have used a plugin to add Categories to Pages, and now I want to be able to select the specific categories for the sidebar. For example, I have Locations as a main Category, then 5 sub category locations. I have Practice Areas as a main Category, and the 11 practice areas as sub-categories.

I want to be able to add to search areas (1 for locations, and 1 for practice areas), but it seems to only allow me to add ALL of the categories, or none?!) Is there a way to separate out the Categories into multiple selection areas?

That’s all for now.. but I’m sure that I’ll have more once I hear back from you

Trevor Moderator

Hi Robert

I have a feeling that Divi users use the Shortcodes method to integrate S&F Pro with Divi. This still allows you to use the widget for the form (or to use a text area and put the shortcode into that) and then put the results shortcode where you need results.

I say this because other Divi users have asked me to help them customize our default results.php (which the shortcode method uses). For example:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/customize-result-php-with-table/

For the second part, I may have misunderstood you, but if you are trying to use a taxonomy (like category or tag) twice in the form, you cannot do that. Instead you must make a custom taxonomy and split up your hierarchies.

Here is a really awful preachy lecture I wrote 🙁 :

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/multiple-categories-combination/#post-55166

Sorry about the tone, but the message is right and it links to good plugins. If I missed anything (I probably did, my apologies), follow up and remind me.

Robert Stewart
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Robert Stewart
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Adding Search & Filter to Divi & Breaking Down Categories’ is closed to new replies.