Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Adding Product Tag Search

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Molli Fisher

When I try to add a product search by tag with checkbox on my product category page, it doesn’t show the product tags. I think it’s try to grab the page tags. How do I get it to show the product tags?

Trevor Moderator

Product Categories and Product Tags are not, despite their names, actual Categories or Tags, but Taxonomies, so use that FORM UI field type.

Molli Fisher

I added the products tags taxonomy search form and have it added to the category shop pages, but when I filter it shows results from all the products instead of just the tags that are listed within that category. Is there a ways I can specify to list just the tags listed within that category?
    https://www.tristardesign.ave25.com/product-category/conveyor-tooling/

Trevor Moderator

Do you have these settings:

In the General settings tab of the form:

Set Auto Count (both settings) to ON

And then in the Form UI:

In each field set Hide Empty to ON

Molli Fisher

I did those settings but it’s still pulling up all the results from the tags in each category instead of the specific category. Are there special settings for the Display Results? Right now I just have it set as an archive.

Trevor Moderator

Ah, as well as what I suggested, add Product Category to the form and make sure Auto Detect for that is on (just below the Auto Count settings). Then, use custom CSS to hide that new field.

If you are using the As an Archive display results method, is there a reason why you are not using the WooCommerce method?

Molli Fisher

I tried adding the product category to the form and have the auto detect on. I put the display option as the woocommerce shop display method but it does not work when I select a tag option in the search form. I see it works for the product categories.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Molli Fisher
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Adding Product Tag Search’ is closed to new replies.