Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro acf data in search box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wilson Muh

hi,

i have a couple of acf search fields like:

1. monthly payment
    2. due at signing (down payment)

is there anyway to make the search box work so that it includes those acf field data?

for example, i would want “toyota $0 down” to pull up all toyotas that have “0” as the down payment acf value.

thanks!

Trevor Moderator

You can only have one general text search field per form, one form per results page. The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the form’s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set Relevanssi up and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types, custom fields AND any taxonomy that you want to search).

Wilson Muh

Hi! Thank you! Sorry I forgot to mention my situation. I already have Relevanssi installed and built up the index with my custom post type as well as its acf data.

However when I type in something like “audi 0 down” I want all my audi cars with $0 down payment to show. It doesn’t work so I was wondering if you could guide me or if you can tell me if its even possible to make that search work.

Trevor Moderator

Ah. It may not be able to match that. Most search engines do not match strings (the ‘0’) under 3 or 4 characters length, otherwise they would often return all posts.

Wilson Muh

I see. Can you give me some examples of what acf data searches might work? It can be in any scenario, just so I know.

Thank you!

Trevor Moderator

Just try longer strings. So audi 1000 down might work. This isn’t restricted to ACF fields. It can be any data source. It does depend on how you set the string matches in Relevanssi of course.

Wilson Muh

Just tried some longer strings and they worked! Pretty cool, thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘acf data in search box’ is closed to new replies.