Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro A to Z Filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Melanie

Is there a possibility to use a search form (UI) for a A to Z filter?
    So I can click on each letter and get the results?

Greetings Melanie

Trevor Moderator

If I am to assume that the letter represents the first letter of, for example, a post title, then the only way to do this is to make a custom field and have that letter in that field, and use it that way.

Melanie

Oh, I´m not sure if I understand it correctly. Yes, I want to filter the title of the post. I´m using ACF for custom fields. I´m using search and filter as a shortcode in a sidbar widget and I want to add a A to Z filter to the other filter I use there. Is there a possibility?

And I have one more question. When I set up a new serach form and put it on top of the content (with a shortcode), can I so use it together wit the searchform in the sidebar? Do you know what I mean, so that they work (filtre) together? I

Greetings Melanie

Melanie

I gave you the link where it is needed and I need a filter like here:

https://www.stellenwerk-hamburg.de/firmenprofile/

from A to Z,
    gerretings Melanie

Trevor Moderator

I understand. as I said before, it will require an additional Custom field for the single letter. Then, in the form, Use a Post meta field object for that new field, set as a checkbox. In the options set it to Manual populate the control, and add manually all the alphabet, and use the All Label for the A-Z first choice.

Then you use custom css to hide the checkboxes and show just the labels, and custom css to make the boxed effect. Custom CSS can also have them all horizontal.

Melanie

Thank you for your guidance. But I´m not so firm in search and filter now,
    so I have one question. I made custom fields for each letter (checkbox and return value: name).
    Then in serach and filter I set new field in the form (Post meta), i picked “Choice” (Input type: Checkbox, Get Options: Manual Entry, Order Options by: Label, ASC, Alphabetical), after this I set in the field label every single letter ans for the first label All, but what should I set into value?

When I look at my side I have now checkboxes and letters, but it still is not filtering after the post titel. Or is it like that, I have to pick a letter in every single post, so it shows up? I mean is there no automatically way to filter after the post title. Do you know what I mean? I´m not sure if my explanation is good enough to understand.

Melanie

Oh and my second question is also still open, may be you also can answer this for me? 🙂
    Is there a chance to get 2 search form work together, like the one in the sidebar (widget) and
    the one on the top? So I want to use two search forms but only one result list. Is this possible?

Thank you so much, Melanie

Trevor Moderator

I will get on this in the morning Melanie, but to answer the other question, not now, but in the V3 (due 2018), yes.

Melanie

So I have to wait to version 3, I hope it will come soon,
    best beginning 2018. 🙂

I´m looking forward to here from you later so,

I have one small problem more beside my A to Z filter, may be you also have an idea here:
    I use the filter in a sidebar (widget), and under it also a menue
    in a widget. When I make the browser small (like it is on iPad in
    the protrait mode), then the elements of the filter are hidden by
    the box. The menue is fine, it only happens with the filter elements.

Greetings

Melanie

Trevor Moderator

OK. I have made some changes (please explore to see what I have done), but there are still some issues.

I am not sure what effect having two forms on the same page will have. No issue I hope.

If you go to this post, this is a link and simple instructions to set up our form with Page Builder (AKA Visual Composer):

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/can-we-change-template-desing/#post-136727

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘A to Z Filter’ is closed to new replies.