Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro A pre-sales (Search functionality/behavior) inquiry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Mohammed Abd Al Raouf

Dears,

I’m developing a website for a hospital, they want to deploy a (chained select) drop down selection system, just like what is deployed in the following link, http://www.cleopatrahospital.com/en/index.html .

ّThere will be 3 drop down menus: menu#1)Clinic ,menu#2)Physician and menu#3)All Days, the data they carry will be inserted through custom posts/fields from the back end.

Is it possible to achieve same functionality using Search & Filter Pro!? (which includes 1)having both search and results get displayed on the same area/page and 2)search results should only be displayed after starting to select the desired search filter) Please feed me back if the plugin can create such same shown functionality and filters behavior just like the example I’ve referred to above!?

Thanking you in advance,

Mohammed Abd El Raouf,
    mohammed@itsworks.com

Trevor Moderator

Greetings Mohammed

I will answer the questions in reverse order (and I do hope I understand you correctly, so if I do not, please come back for clarification).

You want the results to show in the area under the search, on the same page? This is POSSIBLE in different ways. The search you show appears to be on the home page, yes?

I will explain. S&F Pro has many different display methods, and the one I suspect that you will want to use is the ‘shortcode’ method, as described here:

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/search-results/using-a-shortcode/

In your case, if it is to be the home page, the page that you create would be the one used by WordPress (in Settings -> Reading) as the Home Page.

In turn, this depends on the theme that you are using being able to accept the shortcodes being entered, or you may need to edit the theme’s template php file to add them. So, this can vary from very easy to quite hard, depending on the theme.

As to the first question, S&F Pro has 2 functions, Auto Count and Hide Empty Values, that mean that as you select values from one dropdown, only relevant values remain in the other dropdowns (the other dropdowns re-populate the values so that the other non-valid values disappear).

This works best (quicker and more smoothly) with Ajax enabled, assuming your theme supports Ajax, otherwise a page reload happens.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘A pre-sales (Search functionality/behavior) inquiry’ is closed to new replies.