Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro 404 error for WooCommerce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Randal Southam

I believe I’ve followed the WooCommerce instructions faithfully. I created a search that included the search and two taxonomy filters set to products category and products tag, and set the display of that search to WooCommerce. Then I created the WooCommerce products page by inserting [products] into the page, and setting that page as the shop page in WooCommerce’s Settings. I then inserted the S&FPro widget into a sidebar that I added to that page through my theme settings.

The search looks just right, even including how many products have each category or tag. But when I click on the checkbox for any of the filters it… well, right now it actually doesn’t do anything. Shoot. It had been giving me a 404 error (I tried disabling the modify-URL option, and reenabling, but it didn’t seem to have any effect), but then I loaded the rest of my eighty products, and now it’s not apparently even trying to filter them on click, or search them either.

Any ideas what could be going on? As a side note, I got S&FPro to work just fine to filter and search regular posts using the dual shortcodes method, but that method doesn’t work with WooCommerce, huh? At least, I couldn’t get it to work that way.

Any suggestions?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Randal Southam
    Trevor Moderator
    Randal Southam
    Trevor Moderator

I have set it up how it should work, but, in your shop page, the grid is a special, non-WooCommerce grid, that does not use WooCommerce classes and uses Masonry.

As such, when a search is made, it correctly now goes to the page, and reports the correct number of posts, but they are hidden with opacity set to 0, and the masonry script does not re-trigger. If you switch Ajax off, then it should work. This is not unusual for masonry. Is there a way to make this grid non-Masonry? I can see it is made with a shortcode ([products]) which doesn’t seem to have any options. Maybe the options are in your theme?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.