Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Working with ElasticPress/ElasticSearch

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chris Moore

I am working on getting this plugin to work with ElasticPress based on the ep_integrate filter. I am running a Woocommerce Site with nearly 47,000 products and each product has variations along with custom fields. I am trying to use this plugin to filter the products based on the values of the custom fields.

One problem I am having is that the indexing is taking forever. Like more than a day. I have indexing set to fast with not much improvement. Hosting is a cloudways server with decent memory (4GB). I have tried other search plugins like facetwp and the indexing only takes a few minutes. The problem is they don’t integrate with elasticpress. The long indexing is also annoying when I a working with the plugin. If I add a new filter then want to see how it is output it rebuilds the index every time I update it.

If I am going to be using this with elasticpress why does it need to build its own index? Is there a way to bypass this?

One I get this working is there a way to confirm it is connecting to ElasticSearch? I am currently testing this on a custom query page to make sure it works. Here is that url: https://wordpress-301924-1154451.cloudwaysapps.com/test/

Trevor Moderator
    Chris Moore

Yes I have seen that post and several others on here. I am running a self hosted EaslticSearch setup using elasticpress. I have built the elastic index on my server and my general search works really fast with Elasticpress I am just now trying to add filters to it.

Trevor Moderator

Did you try adding that filter to your child theme functions.php?

Chris Moore

Yes I integrated it into a custom query:

<?php  echo do_shortcode('[searchandfilter id="163524"]'); ?>

<?php $args = array( 'post_type' => 'product', 
      'orderby' => 'title', 'order' => 'asc', 'posts_per_page' => 10,  'ep_integrate' => true); 
      $args['search_filter_id'] = 163524;
      $loop = new WP_Query( $args ); 
      while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); ?>

<h2><?php the_title();?></h2>
        <p><?php the_content();?></p>      
        <p><?php  $sku = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_sku', true ); echo ( $sku ); ?></p>

<?php $price = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_price', true ); ?>
    <p><?php echo wc_price( $price ); ?></p>
                         <br/>            

<?php endwhile; ?>   
    Trevor Moderator

Did it work? I had advised to integrate it into our query, not the wp_query.

Chris Moore

Hi Trevor. So I think the problem for me right now is that it is taking FOREVER to index. It says I have 49,000~ posts and I started indexing yesterday and am only at 44%. This is on a Cloudays server with 4GB RAM on a Digitial Ocean instance.

If these plugin is going to work with ElasticPress I think there needs to be a way around the caching. Most people using ElasticPress are going to have a large number of posts otherwise they would just use the default search that comes with WordPress.

Is there any way around the caching or a way to speed it up? I have set it on the fastest setting but it still isn’t helping.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.