Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Woocommerce sort order not working with plugin active

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Klaus-Dieter Weber

Hi,

same issue as described here, but I am not happy with the “solution”:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/plugin-overriding-woocommerce-default-product-sort-order/

With s&f plugin active, the selection of the sort order in WC does not work anymore. I can set a default sort order in S&F under “Posts”, however it is the only sort that works then. The dropdown on the WC shop page to chose a different sort order has no functionality anymore.

Please check and fix! 🙂

Thanks,
    Klaus

Ross Moderator

Hi Klaus

Thanks for highlighting this – this is something that must have broken fairly recently as it always used to work, and checking now on dev it doesn’t anymore :/

Will look into and fix asap.

Thanks

Klaus-Dieter Weber

Hi Ross,

thanks for the (as usual) quick response!

Just in case you find a way how to fix this “quick and dirty” before a next release, please let me know. I am going live today with a new website, would be great if this works.

Thanks!
    Klaus

Ross Moderator

I’m afraid not, I’m going to have to look at the code to identify what is causing this – I’ll see if I can sort it over the weekend.

Thanks

Klaus-Dieter Weber

Hi Ross,
    sorry to push, but could you already identify something?
    Thanks!
    Klaus

Ross Moderator

Hey Klaus

I’ve just emailed you the fix 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Klaus-Dieter Weber

Hi Ross,

thanks a lot, sadly it did not change anything for me. Sorting (and selecting number of products shwon) still does not work, with S&F plugin active. I am using Enfold theme.

Additionally the comboboxes are sometimes very small, too small to use them. I changed now one to regular dropdown, as the combobox did not even show a single item, because it was just too small (short).

And one more question: Deleting the plugin deletes also the content produced with it, i.e. the search forms. But without deletion it is not possible to install a new version on the plugin screen. So only way to do is to upload the new files via ftp, overwriting the existing plugin?

Thanks!
    KLaus

Ross Moderator

Hi Klaus

I’ve just sent you an updated copy as I can see from the code the orderby from woocommerce wasn’t working in all scenarios.

As you mentioned FTP is the correct way to update.

1) Disable S&F
    2) Replace via FTP
    3) Enable S&F

Once this is done I would be happy to see the combobox problems?

Thanks

Klaus-Dieter Weber
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Klaus-Dieter Weber

I was now switching back to the version that you sent me before, now at least the search is working again. Also the dropdown changed now back to (unuseable) combobox, please check…

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Woocommerce sort order not working with plugin active’ is closed to new replies.