Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Woocommerce: same search form, several taxonomy:product_cat, not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anonymous

Hi there,

I’ve created a filter for my woocommerce where in the same “Search form” I’ve added several “Taxonomy” field from the Available Fields to the Search Form UI.The taxonomy is the same for all the fields: product_cat. I tried to create a filter like this where each heading is one category and the options for each one are the sub-categories.

I can filter each category by itself (in the image you can filter several “Tipo de vino”) but you cannot combine it with other category (for example it won’t work if you try to filter some of the “Tipo de vino” with some of the “Variedad Uva”). It is supposed to be able to combine different filters on the same Search Form, right?

I don’t know if it needs some special settings or I have everything set up correctly.

If anyone can help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Trevor

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

HOWEVER …

I suspect that you have used product category more than once in the form, which you cannot do. This post explains a bit more:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/elementor-filter-not-working-showing-all-results/#post-221562

But, I will be making a video to explain it better, probably tomorrow morning, so I will leave this ticket for me to action, and I will post a link to the video here.

Trevor

I hope this helps:

https://www.screencast.com/t/j8IUFm20

That Hipster term seemed to have 12 posts, but in fact had none! Something wrong with my posts (too much playing on a development site).

I apologize for the sound and presentational quality. It was early in my morning, so I was barely awake!

Anonymous

Yeah, that’s in fact what I was doing, product category more than once in the same form. 🙁

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Trevor

As I said in that video, you need to make a custom taxonomy for the second field (use of Product Category). At the moment, there is no other way, sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)