Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro WooCommerce category filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Maarten Keizer

Hi there,

For some time I use the Search & Filter Pro widget on my WooCommerce shop.

All worked fine for some time, but now we found out that the filter options are not related to the WooCommerce categories anymore. Before I left it I did some major updates on WP core and other plug-ins, so I don’t know what broke it.

To explain better go to this URL:

https://www.vesta.nl/product-categorie/accessoires/badkameraccessoires/wasmanden/

It only shows one product. But the filters in the sidebar show all products. I want these filters to be reading the products in the chosen category only.

I was quiete sure that this checkboxes did the trick:
    Detect defaults from current page: Post Type Archives & Tag, Category & Taxonomy Archives
    But they are still turned on.

How can I accomplish what I want?

Thanks,
    Keizer

Trevor Moderator

Is Auto Count enabled?

Maarten Keizer

Yes.

Trevor Moderator

As this is a product-category search, does the search and filter form have a product-category field in the form? It must otherwise it cannot auto detect. You can hide it with CSS if you wish.

Maarten Keizer

Great, that worked out. Thanks!

Now I have a new question, because the header of the taxanomies with only empty values are visible, as shown on this page:

https://www.vesta.nl/product-categorie/accessoires/wanddecoratie/klokken/

“Kies een materiaal” is visible but there is no “materiaal” attribute selectable. So I guess the header should be hidden if all terms are empty.

Is there an option or css way to hide this? Or should I open a feature request ticket?

Thanks,
    Keizer

Trevor Moderator

A feature request ticket I think. Something like, if all items hidden as empty, hide field.

Maarten Keizer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Hi Maarten

Rather than me stumbling around in the dark, it seems you have many issues, maybe we could video conference using Skype? I have posted the same on the other open thread from you.

Maarten Keizer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

So, we spoke on Skype. Connection was not good though 🙁

I have sent the dev version of the plugin and installation instructions. let me know how you get on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WooCommerce category filter’ is closed to new replies.