Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Woocommerce and multiple forms

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Duncan Arrow

So I’ve got an SF Pro search field on the home page set to only search Woocommerce products. It then correctly redirects and displays the results on the default Woocommerce shop page.

On the shop page I then want some taxonomy filters to filter the search results further.

However, it seems you can only have one form set to use the Woocommerce Shop as display results. Therefore I’ve had to add the 4 taxonomy terms to the same form as the search field, but hide the taxonomies in CSS on the home page.

Surely there’s a better way than that? Can I not have two forms – one for the search and one for the taxonomy filters, but still get the taxonomy filters to filter whilst on the Woocommerce shop page?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

The way to do it is:

#1 Form as WooCommerce method with taxonomies and the search field
    #2 Form as Custom display method with the shop page as the results URL. Ajax should be off in this case.

Duncan Arrow

OK, that’s brilliant.

This then correctly redirects form #2 to the shop page and shows the correct search results with the correct taxonomy dropdown values.

Only slight problem is that when I then filter on one of the dropdowns using form #1, it resets the search results to show all products and then filters on that.

I think it may be something to do with having removed the free text search field from the taxonomy search form #1?

Trevor Moderator

Yes, it would need to be in the form, even if you hide it with custom CSS (display: none).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.