Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro View such as in the demo below – Can’t figure out how to get it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Rosemarie Nicolas

I purchased your Search – filter Pro because I wanted to set up my blog posts just like the demo – see link below:
    https://demo.designsandcode.com/sfpro-movie-reviews/#

But, When I go to do this it doesn’t have any set up that I can create to get this view. Am I missing something? or is there a demo video that will show me how to create this one?

In the documentation you say it’s easy to set up and use, but it seems that you need to know php in order to customze or set up.

Please let me know what I need to do to get this to work such as in your demo.
    Thanks,
    Rose

Trevor Moderator

As everybody’s needs, data and theme are different, a generic video is not as useful as it might sound.

Have you made a form yet? If not, can you let me know what theme you are using and send me a live link/URL to your (search) page so I can take a look? The search page is usually where you want to place the search, and possibly where you want to see the results (not always the same page).

The easiest way to place a search form on the page is to use Appearance -> Widgets and place our search widget in an available sidebar.

I need to know what you are searching (post type) and do you want a text search category search, etc.?

Knowledge of PHP is not necessarily required, depending on your choice of theme.

Some themes have page builders supplied with them, or often built in, to make the process potentially a lot easier.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.