Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Version 2.0.. Always next month??

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Christopher Martin

Hi there.. Just wanted to know when exactly will version 2.0 be released? It looks like it’s always going to be released next month going on what I’ve read.

I bought this plugin based on the fact that I read through the forums and found the feature I was looking for was going to be released ‘next month’.. which was way back in February. I’ve just looked through a few more posts, played with the plugin, and it seems what I want hasn’t been released yet.

I actually sent a couple of messages asking if the feature I’m looking for has been released yet with no reply, which prompted me to buy the plugin anyway based on what I found in the posts. This is the 3rd time I’ve tried to contact you in 4 days.

Is what I want ever going to be released, or is this money down the toilet?

Ross Moderator

Hi Christopher

Sorry you’re having troubles.

I’ve just checked and there are no other forums posts or tickets from you so not sure how I would have been able to reply to your queries – how have you been trying to contact me?

In regards to development cycles – I try to be as fast as possible, I am working on the plugin daily – but if something is not ready yet then I won’t release it.

Also, sometimes something critical is spotted, and I have to delay the addition of new features for other updates.

I usually try to be honest about timelines but I also usually specify that its not guaranteed.

As v2.0 has been in the making for quite some time, but having trouble getting it out of the door, I have dedicated 2 weeks next month to locking myself in a room and trying to get 2.0 release, although again it can’t be guaranteed its highly likely.

Let me know where you’ve tried to contact me before and I’ll try to follow up on those – if I’ve been misleading apologies it was not intentional.

Thanks

Christopher Martin

Hi, nice to hear from you! 🙂

I replied to a couple of posts which already exist, but seems you didn’t get notified for whatever reason. No worries.

What I’m after is for my search filters to update themselves when an option is selected – for example, I’m working a project which has a bunch of countries and cities. If someone selects UK then the next field will only display UK cities… Or the other way round – someone selects London then the only country available to choose is UK.

I’m actually quite desperate for this, so was hoping this was already available when downloaded the plugin. This is by far the best search/filter plugin I’ve been able to find, I’m just missing this one thing I really need.

Anyhow, I’m sure you’re flat out with development and replying to posts – I’ll just make do for now. I understand it’s difficult for you to say, would just be great to know if there’s an round about time when you’re going to make this next big release you’ve been bigging up for a while 🙂

Cheers

Chris

Ross Moderator

Hey Chris

The plan as it stands it to finish off S&F 2.0 in the two weeks I have set aside in May – I’ll make my best efforts 🙂

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.