Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Value picked up from other query in another box

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Galen M

Hello – I love this plugin but I am using woocommerce and the woocommerce search plugin separately from search filter pro. I use search filter pro to create a form just for posts and pages. The search box for my woocommerce products is right above my search widget for posts and pages. Whenever someone types in something to the woocommerce form and hits enter, it becomes the value for the posts and pages search box even though it was never entered there. How would I fix this? Thank you in advance!!

Trisha Miller

Can you post a link to your site? It might help to diagnose the problem. A guess (and just a guess) is that both forms are using the search.php template, and/or the value “s” – changing one or the other should fix the problem, but if you post a link to your page it would allow other forum users to take a look and come up with suggestions.

Galen M

Thanks Trisha! The problem is the site is not live yet… How would I go about changing the value from “s” to something else? Or just keep the value blank?

Galen M

Also now when I click search and filter pro in the dashboard it takes me to this URL and says page not found… any thoughts?

http://mysite.com/wp-admin/cfbe_editor-search-filter-widget

Ross Moderator

Hi there

Ok, so S&F uses the $_GET[‘s’] variable for doing a text search – this means if there is an ?s= in the URL this will be used as the search paramater.

I’m working on some pretty large updates at the moment, and considering “naming” your own fields – which I think would get around the problem you are having – that being said, I’m only considering it at this stage so it won’t make the plugin for a little while yet. The problem is, a lot of plugins use this same variable for the search term – as this is by default what WP uses…

The URL you link above is not a URL generated by this plugin, and is in fact completely incorrect (the cfbe_editor doesn’t exist in this plugin) so you have another plugin interfering and modifying links in your dashboard.

I just did a quick search on the forums as its come up before although I don’t I didn’t see the resolution I’m pretty sure it comes from another plugin – https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/filter-dont-work-after-update-to-1-2-6/#post-7043

Thanks

Gareth Lockett

I had this issue as well. It’s a conflict with this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-field-bulk-editor/

Deactivating it after use is the best option at the moment (as it’s only a backend tool).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Value picked up from other query in another box’ is closed to new replies.