Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Using ACF select field for dropdown (label/value issue)

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • Sebastian Schimpf

Thanks for your honesty!
    It would be great if this could work just out of the box.

I think ACF is amazing and if you support such things, it will definitely be a big plus!
    Otherwise I could build my own little things and work with GET variables to set up a simple database search but I love to have the option for later to do more complex searches once our database has more users. I trust your plugin can be a big helper in the future.

For now I will fix it by applying a jQuery function that replaces underscores with a space and turns every lower case letter at the beginning of a word into a capital letter.

Sebastian Schimpf

Short question.
    Is there somewhere an “edit” button that I can’t see? I would like to correct some types sometimes but did not see an “edit” button near my posts.

Trevor Moderator

I do not know if you can edit (permissions).

The link to edit a post looks like this:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/reply/54389/edit/

Sebastian Schimpf

Good to know. I was able to fix some bad typos 😀

Sebastian Schimpf

Hi Trevor,

just wanted to share my solution here – the temporary fix, until you support the display of label values instead of values from an ACF dropdown fields.

jQuery(document).ready(function(jQuery) {

// text replace in the option tags of the select field
    	jQuery("#search-filter-form-702 select").find("option").each(function () {

// replace each underscore with a space and turn each first letter of the new words into an uppercase letter
    		jQuery(this).text(jQuery(this).text().replace(/_/g," ").split(" ").map(function(i){
    			return i[0].toUpperCase() + i.substring(1)
    		}).join(" "));

});			

});

I had fun making this, so it was not to bad having to do it. 🙂
    I hope this may turn out useful for somebody or even obsolete soon.

Omar Kozarsky

Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing a similar issue.

Trevor Moderator

We are working on it right now.

Omar Kozarsky

please keep us posted.

Sebastian Schimpf

Hi Omar,

I have figured out a work around based on jQuery. This is not the ideal scenario to have to use this but it works pretty well for me.

jQuery(document).ready(function(jQuery) {

// text replace in the option tags of the select field (but not the first one ( slice(1) )
    	jQuery("#search-filter-form-702 select").find("option").slice(1).each(function () {

// replace each underscore with a space and turn each first letter of the new words into an uppercase letter
    		jQuery(this).text(jQuery(this).text().replace(/_/g," ").split(" ").map(function(i){
    			return i[0].toUpperCase() + i.substring(1)
    		}).join(" "));

});			

});

Warm regards,
    Sebastian

Omar Kozarsky

Hi Sebastian,
    Thank you. I saw your previous post and i tried you fix but it did not work for me. HonestlyI would rather wait for an official fix especially since this is the functionality I paid for. Thanks for the assistance anyway. I will wait to see if Trevor and his team and create a fix and update ether plugin accodingly.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Using ACF select field for dropdown (label/value issue)’ is closed to new replies.