Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Using ACF select field for dropdown (label/value issue)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 73 total)
  • Sebastian Schimpf

Hi there,

first of all, you have created an amazing plugin! I love it. So far it was fun and easy to use. I think it saved me a lot of development time. Thank you!

After the last update, I have noticed that the ACF field I am using for the front end search field selection, shows values of the ACF select field I use as a reference now instead of its labels. I have a country selection field for a database search and before I updated the plugin it worked with choosing the “Label” under “Order Options by:”.
    My dropdown showed the correct country names rather than the values of the ACF field. Now it shows all the values, for example “united_kingdom” instead of “United Kingdom”.
    It does not make a different if I choose “Label” or “Value” under “Order Options by:”.

How can I fix this?

Trevor Moderator
    Sebastian Schimpf

Hi Trevor,
    you could say it is related but it is not the same issue since he is using another type of field. My field situation is more simple, one could say. It is an ACF select field and I already see the values being displayed in my dropdown for the DB search but I want the labels to be shown, not the values. The funny thing is that it worked initially and just recently, after the update of your plugin it stopped working and now the values are displayed.
    Is there any simple work-around or a setting that I can make? Or maybe you can find out what was changed so that it does not work anymore like before?

Trevor Moderator

I am unsure if something has been broken or what. Are you up to try a pre-release of the next version (2.2.0) and see if that fixes it? Send me your email by private reply if you want to try this.

Sebastian Schimpf
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Sent, let me know how you get on.

Sebastian Schimpf

Hi Trevor,

it took we a really long time to get back to this because there were so many other things going on. Thanks for your support! Unfortunately the new version 2.2.0 does not resolve the issue!
    I still see only the value as options but not the labels of the custom field (select field for country). The select field does not change no matter of I choose “Label” or “Value” in the options of the Post Meta field.

Any idea what to do?
    I am thinking about a jQuery workaround but love to find a clean solution that does not depend on JavaScript.

Warm regards,
    Sebastian

Trevor Moderator

Does your field look something like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142687274@N07/28634393170/in/dateposted-public/

Or did you create the list with both value AND label (such as red: Red)?

Sebastian Schimpf

Hi Trevor,

the field looks like this:
    afghanistan : Afghanistan
    albania : Albania
    algeria : Algeria
    american_samoa : American Samoa

Trevor Moderator

Clearly our code needs improving/we must have broken something. We need to take a look again at the ACF and ACF Pro fields and do some work. It is some time since we last did that. Our dev, Ross, is away for about 10 days, but then I think we can spend some time focusing on what the issue is.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Using ACF select field for dropdown (label/value issue)’ is closed to new replies.