Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Update the Search form / Hide Empty for Range Dropdown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jonathan Hoppes

Is it possible to hide options in a range dropdown when the form is being updated to hide empty fields?

For example, the filters on this page

https://www.landelevated.com/dev/properties/

If I select the State of california I would like to have the options in the range dropdowns (By Price, By Acreage, and By Elevation) to not show if they are empty.

Or…

Is there a better way for me to make that happen with a number range type of field?

Trevor Moderator

Range fields (whether slider or to/from), if set to auto detect, do not ‘react’ to changes made in other fields in the form. This is intentional, as to do so could have undesirable consequences. Read more about this here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/custom-max-price-for-price-slider/#post-77119

If that is not the issue, please get back to me.

Jonathan Hoppes

Thanks Trevor,
    I did go back in and uncheck auto detect options for the fields and it still seems to have the same behavior.

What I would like to do, is be able to replicate the “Hide Empty” feature of the multiselect fields on the range dropdown fields. To hide any of the range field options that are empty based on anything else in the form being selected.

Trevor Moderator

I do understand what you want to do, but that functionality relies on the Auto Count feature, and, as I said, that doesn’t work on range fields. What you want to do is not currently possible, I am sorry.

Jonathan Hoppes

Thanks Trevor. That makes sense. Looks like I will add additional range fields with the custom fields plugin to get these to work this way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Update the Search form / Hide Empty for Range Dropdown’ is closed to new replies.