Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Trouble with get_fields_html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stephen Tapp

I’m trying to output the filtered data using your instructions on the Accessing the Search Data page (http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/accessing-search-data/). However, the outputted field names and respective data are not wrapped in any sort of html tag.

I would like the output to look something like this:

<div class=”filterdata”>
    <div class=”fieldname”>Categories:</div>
    <div class=”fielddata”>Community<br/>Arts</div>
    </div>

Is that possible by manipulating the sf_current_query?

Stephen Tapp

Anyone?
    Anyone?

Ross Moderator

Please don’t bump – I’m working my way through tickets and will get to this one too.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Hi Stephen

The active query class is not currently too well documented (as its just been created its subject to change a little) but you can certainly change the output of this field.

Please take a look at this example:

$args = array(
    	"str" 				=> '<strong>%1$s</strong>: %2$s',
    	"field_delim" 			=> '<hr />'

);
    echo $sf_current_query->get_fields_html(array("_sft_category", "_sft_post_tag"), $args);

You can see str variable is the format output of html for each field, in the example above I’ve added <strong> tags around the name

The next is field_delim – this is what is used to join the strings for each field – default is <br /> but you can change this to anything.

I think with these two arguments there should be no issues with formatting the way you want.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.