Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Trigger the infinite scroll through a “load more” button, not automatically

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • mushtaz Morgan

What can e expect to have version 3? Realy Looking forward to it.

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure, which means at least a couple of months, maybe more.

Noeste IJver

We are absolutely high-jacking this topic now..

But since v3 has been promised for such a long time now, everyone is really interested to know what it will offer and what it will look like. Maybe it’s possible to publish some blogs or video’s to get us up to speed a bit?

All due respect, but we’re being told that “v3 will arrive in a couple of months” for almost 5 years. I really hope the promise about the availability it true, but after all these years I think it’s not all that weird to take the due date with a grain of salt now.

Although v2 is still workable, I’m really looking forward to more features in terms of functionality and developer customisability.

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure Ross wants to reveal too much, but his (public) 100 days of code series shows a few gifs:

https://twitter.com/rmors_/media

Lars Faye

I hate to say it, but I’ve long since made the switch to FacetWP. It basically does nearly the same thing, but has a lot more features and modules, including the Load More. I still have a lot of sites that I built with S&F prior that I can’t go back and retrofit, so I need to keep my license active, but that’s really the only reason I continue it. It’s borderline embarrassing when I have to tell a client that such an ubiquitous feature is not available and we’d need to convert it to a different framework entirely just to get a simple load more button.

Yes, I’ve also been hearing the V3 promise for years. I think it’s just an excuse, personally. Why not version v2.5? This is clearly a highly requested feature, and I really fail to see how it would require an entire re-write of the plugin when infinite scroll works as intended.

Anyway, to any other users that are looking for a plugin that does what S&F does but has Load More functionality, I would encourage you to look at FacetWP as an alternative. While both plugins have strengths and weaknesses, it’s hard to find a lot of reasons at this point to continue with S&F until there’s some real movement on these feature requests.

Florent JOUET

+1

I’ve bought the both and I think I will better use facetWP because of functionnalities like default values (which is also a basic feature) and can’t wait more for hypothetical v3

regards

Miguel Fernandez

Any progress on this matter?
    Thanks.

Trevor Moderator

Not at this time, I am sorry.

Michael Briel

Ahdamn, that answers my questions too then. OKay, waiting for V3 it is then…

Noeste IJver

I have somewhat given up on v3 and am now using FacetWP as well. In some ways it’s a bit more flexible then S&F as well, but in other ways it’s more stubborn.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.