Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Translating Filters – Display Results are: Post Type Archive

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,

Your solution by nr2
    I did also think of that, but it is strange that something appears. Something that I cannot find anywhere in the fields of “soort accommodatie”

You solution at nr 4, does not seem to work by me.
    I mean on the German site, the dutch site works perfectly
    In the German site it still has all the dutch options and they are all 0, which means that there is nothing to chose from

Trevor Moderator

This likely means that, somewhere, something, likely the taxonomies or custom fields, are not translated properly. A translated site is very complex and difficult to set up. As a consequence, it is the very first thing you should do, before any significant content is added. The same applies with our search forms. It is very difficult to find where the issue actually is. Elementor also more complexity, as it has to be handled correctly to work with WPML:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

You may need to set up a test site, with minimal plugins (just WPML, Elementor Free & Pro, Search and Filter) and test that with a few test posts added after those are setup.

Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,

This is exactly what I am doing, making it all work on a “dummy” site with a few posts before migrating it to the original site.

The thing is that search and filter has some conflicts with content on my site.
    Slowly getting there and having only 2 issues to solve I tried to fix them yesterday, making some changes which now results in 6 different issues.
    Not a good result.

Today I start fresh trying to solve some of the issues, meaning that I probably will get back to you tomorrow with new questions

Trevor Moderator

OK, I will wait to hear from you.

Petra van Huizen

Dear Trevor,

I found an anomaly which probably causes the failure.
    The thing is that I do not know how to adjust this.

Small summary:
    I have 3 filters on the website on 3 different pages.
    The page called Plaatsen and the page called Gastronomie are working fine.
    The page called Accommodatie works fine in Dutch but not in German

What I discovered.
    All the 3 pages have an archive.
    If I look at the Dutch archive at Gastronomie, the filter has an ID of 1953
    If I look at the German archive at Gastronomie, the filter has the same ID 1953
    If I look at the Dutch archive at Plaatsen, the filter has an ID of 1680
    If I look at the German archive at Orte, the filter has the same ID 1680
    But
    If I look at the Dutch archive at Accommodatie, the filter has an ID of 4695
    If I look at the German archive at Unterkunfte, the filter has the same ID 4697

Can you tell me where I can change the filter ID for Unterkunfte = for the german version of Accommodatie?

Hope you can help me

Kind regards,
    Petra

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Petra van Huizen
    Trevor Moderator

As far as I can see, everything looks correctly setup. I have referred this to the plugin developer, Ross, for his attention.

Petra van Huizen
    Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,

Do you have any idea of the developer had the change to take a lok at my problem?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Translating Filters – Display Results are: Post Type Archive’ is closed to new replies.