Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Translating Filters – Display Results are: Post Type Archive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 63 total)
  • Petra van Huizen

I have 3 different filters on 3 different pages.
    They are all working
    Now I want to translate them using plugin wpml
    Following the instructions on your site on one point I have to change the URL for the second language, but here my problem starts.
    My display Results are selected as: Post Type Archive

Can you help me further? How can I make the filters translated in a second language and displayed properly?

Trevor Moderator

No need for a new URL in the case of that Display Results Method, the theme, WPML and our plugin will handle that.

The filters etc should all get translated by WPML (note, WPML often does this in the background, so it may take a while to do it).

You MUST translate our forms though, using WPML.

Our plugin will switch to the correct language form depending on the language of the page it is on. Also, in our settings, make sure the Transients setting is off when using WPML.

Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I am already trying to make it work for a few days now but haven’t have any success yet.

In the settings the transients setting is set to OFF when using WPML
    In the Settings of S&F the trancient checkbox is empty.
    Is this correct?

You also write that I must translate the forms through using WPML.
    If think I have done this correctly.
    If I go to WPML – Translations – I see a search form, it has a green V and says complete

Can you help me further?

Trevor Moderator

In the languages section of the top adminbar, drop that down and select all languages when on the general Search & Filter admin page. You should then see which form is linked to which. When editing a form, in the right hand meta boxes, is the translation options.

Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,
    Thanks again for your answer.
    Sorry to say that I do not understand exactly what you mean.
    If I go to Search and Filter, klick in the adminbar “all languages, I see this, see attachment.

Then you write: When editing a form, in the right hand meta boxes, is the translation options.
    I go to a form, the form automatically goes to Dutch, because this is the primary language, I see in the box on the right side: German and a pencil.
    If I klick on the pencil, an error is shown: You can only select 1 post type – or change your display mode.

Something is wrong, but what?

Petra van Huizen

Cann’t seem to post an attachment, sorry

Trevor Moderator

In the form you are trying to translate, what post types is it searching?

Petra van Huizen

I have 3 filters on 3 different pages

Page: Accommodatie – Post Type Archive Accommodatie
    Page: Gastronomie – Post Type Archive Gastronomie
    Page: Plaatsen – Post Type Archive Plaatsen

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Petra van Huizen

Hi Trevor,

I think that is correct. At least in the Dutch version

In the Form “Plaatsen” In the General section: Search in the following post types:
    “Plaatsen” is selected

In the Form Accommodatie In the General section: Search in the following post types:
    “Accommodatie” is selected

In the Form Gastronomie In the General section: Search in the following post types:
    “Gastronomie” is selected

I see in the German version that Posts and pages are selected

I will give you access to the site, one moment

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Translating Filters – Display Results are: Post Type Archive’ is closed to new replies.