Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Tidying up Taxonomies on yvonnelorkin.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Emma Velde

Hi Trevor,
    I can see my list of taxonomies “date Tasted” neatly ordered from 2001 – 2019 when I click on the title under Posts (left hand menu). But, when I am editing a post the right hand boxes give me a much longer list and include all the variations of date (like Tasted 2018 and tasted 2018). I want to go through them all and reassign and delete the unwanted. Can you tell me how I can access all?

I’m sure it is something small.
    Thanks, Emma

PS – I also tried the search query on the homepage and it didn’t seem to work..? your login is not yet deleted if you want to look and see if I’ve done something wrong.

Trevor Moderator

Hi Emma

You need to edit the taxonomy and enabled the second from last option to show the taxonomy in the quick edit screen.

Got to the Posts -> Date Tasted taxonomy page. Click the count for that taxonomy so that you have a post listing of just those posts with the incorrect taxonomy. Quick edit them.

Then, go to the Posts -> Date Tasted taxonomy page again, and delete the unused taxonomy term.

Emma Velde

Hi Trevor, I’ve done that
    CPT / UI > Edit Txonomies > scroll to bottom > Show in quick / bbulk/edit panel > set to > true
    and there is no change – on any of the taxonomies.

I can’t get anything to alter.
    Will take another look in the morning, thanks
    Emma

Trevor Moderator

OK.

Emma Velde

HI Trevor, I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything correctly but the “extended list” is still not showing up in the sidebar… I’d be grateful if you could check for me. I don’t know how else I will be able to edit those taxonomies…?
    Emma

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Emma Velde

Thanks, but but I havem’t moved anything yet so that is odd.

Also, I still can’t see the extended list in the sidebar – so I can’t edit these. I’m thinking maybe another skype meeting just you and I so I can work these things through as it is proving a bit difficult for my skill level. Thanks Emma

Trevor Moderator
    Emma Velde

Hi thanks, does 8pm NZ time work, I guess that’s 9am your time? Emma

Trevor Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.