Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro The filter isn't filtering any more in S&F Pro.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Philip Martin

Hi Ross,
    thanks for all your help in the past, but I’ve hit a problem that I can’t get around so I’ve had to stop using your plugin, hopefully it’s something that can be fixed as I really want it back on the site.

I don’t know what has happened/changed, but it came to my attention that the filter had stopped filtering, it was just showing everything, and the search result was the same, all results were being returned for any search term.

Please could you have a look to see what is wrong? I will put the URL in the next post as it’s private (hence my email, did you get it?).

Thanks,
    Philip.
    PS: Your own search, on this forum, isn’t working too well either. Moving between the pages of a result doesn’t work properly.

Philip Martin
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Philip

Thanks for the detailed info, will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks

Ross Moderator
    Philip Martin
    Philip Martin
    Ross Moderator

Hey Philip – just resent

Philip Martin

Got it, thanks a million Ross.

Philip Martin

Hey again,

I’m afraid I’m back to the original problem.

On the same page as mentioned above (#8238, 2nd post) I have put a really simple filter, in the top left hand corner.

It’s still showing all results.

Am I being thick here? It used to work before the big update.

Thanks,
    Philip.

PS: FYI. The zip I downloaded was labelled 1.3.01 but the plugin version is 1.3.0

Philip Martin

UPDATE.
    OK, I am getting somewhere, but have hit a different problem now, Do’h!

By the way, I don’t know if it’s connected, but even though I uninstalled the plugin, when I reinstalled it, my old searches were still there.
    Also, when you fill in the Page Template fields and Update the form, those fields go blank again. I have the box ticked.

Anyway, now I can’t get a simple search to work. Just a basic site search.
    The search suggestion (is that what it’s called?) isn’t picking much up, very few, if any, results appear below the box when you type, even though there is results for that search term.

If you go ahead and enter it anyway, the results appear with your search term in them, but they aren’t formatted properly, the same as the filters are. I am using the search.php template across the board.

Thank you again,
    Philip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.