Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Taxonomy URL Assistance

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Stefano Aracena

Hi there

We are trying to get the search filter to work on the taxonomy archives.

For some reason, we cant get this to work – each taxonomy archive has its own URL and we over 700 different taxonomies.

Please, some assistance would be appreciated.

Trevor Moderator

Is the Taxonomy attached to a Custom Post Type. Are you envisaging a different form for each Taxonomy term, or do you have one form but you want it to search within that taxonomy term and stay on that page?

Stefano Aracena

Hi Trevor, thanks for the reply.

We would like the same search form to be across all taxonomy pages. We have created a filter of 5 values that would be standard for all.

So yes, one form and we would like it to filter within any given taxonomy term the user lands on and stay on that page.

Trevor Moderator

Is it searching one post type, like products, for example?

Stefano Aracena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Does the theme have a listings archives page with their own design (not our shortcode results.php)?

What I think you should be doing is setting the Display Results method to Post Type Archive, have the taxonomy in the search form and auto detect the taxonomy from the page URL, and check the box to stay within the archives/taxonomy URLs

If you don’t want to show the taxonomy in the form, use custom css to hide it.

Stefano Aracena

Thank you for the reply, just a quick question, i have followed your steps but cant seem to find the section:

Auto detect the taxonomy from the page URL, and check the box to stay within the archives/taxonomy URLs

Can you point me in the right direction?

I am using the latest version.

Trevor Moderator

You have added the taxonomy to the form as well?

So here is one setting:

And the others:

Stefano Aracena

I have followed those steps, would you be able to look into this for me if I provide you access below?

I would really appreciate your help and happy to pay for an hour of support to sort this out.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.