Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Sort Order secondary value

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Marcin Kamiński

Hey,

We are using the shortcode method to display results. Posts default order set up in the settings is working correctly, however – when we use the manual Sort Order in the form builder, I do not understand what is the key by which it sorts items that share the same numeric value.

For example, we sort all apartments by the number of rooms. We get the items sorted, but the secondary sort order seems random instead of by title (which was set up as the posts default order). How can we influence that?

http://rzeczyrzeczy.home.pl/przedwiosnie/mieszkania?_sfm_metraz=30+73&sort_order=_sfm_liczba_pokoi+asc+num

Trevor Moderator

Does it appear to be in post date order (most recent first)?

It is possible that the manual selection is overriding the form preset order.

Marcin Kamiński

No, it appears to be completely random. Posts were added in an alphabetical order starting from apartments A to F so the dates correspond accordingly.

I understand that the manual order overrides the form preset order, but how does it set the secondary order when the values by which it is ordering are basically the same (like 2 rooms, then 3 rooms). If it were by the post date then I could work around that, and in this case it seems like there is some kind of mess. Is there a way to set it up?

Like, manually sort by the number of rooms descending, and then by title.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Marcin Kamiński
    Ross Moderator
    Marcin Kamiński
    Ross Moderator
    Marcin Kamiński
    Ross Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.