Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Some filters not auto-updating when doing refined search

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Luciano Lucas

Hi there,

I’m filtering a Woocommerce store page with a group of filters.

Once one filter is applied, some of the other filters auto-update their options (which is great) but others don’t. I need to do a refined search, so I need all of them working together…

I will send you a staging site link and credentials just in case you want to have a look at my setup 🙂

Luciano Lucas
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

One issue I see is the use of two forms on the same results page. This will change with V3 (due in a month or two), but, for now, when referring to the results page, having a cloned/duplicated form (having more than one instance of the same form), or multiple different forms, will potentially be an issue, as doing this can mean that they don’t work together and often will conflict with each other. Just be aware that this is possible (likely), so if you have problems with the results not working, that might be why. Normally, we suggest only one form instance on the results page.

You CAN have more than one form on any page other than the results page.

So, to the question, the fields updating is controlled by Auto Count, but Auto Count does not affect range controls (in your case Precio and Graduación). Range type fields do not filter down to take account of other form field choices in the current version of our plugin, although that behaviour may change in V3, which we plan to release in a few months (in the New Year).

This is intentional, as explained here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/post-meta-field-values-not-showing-correctly-on-woocommerce-product-categories/#post-257013

I am not sure if this answers your questions?

Luciano Lucas

Hi Trevor, thanks for your answer.

I understand your explanation, but I must say that the whole idea of a multiple filtering system (at least for me) is to have all the filters working together: I go to a clothes store and choose “t-shirt”, then I choose “blue”, then a range price for “blue t-shirts”, and get some results. If the range price didn’t update following the previous choices I can end by selecting a price that returns void results… not ideal 🙂

About having two forms on the same page: I have one form for mobile and another for desktop. Two different forms, with different names, and they don’t work together (user can only use one or the other)… will this setup cause any issues?

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

It is possible that they will conflict. I just want you to be aware of that. Thigs, as I said, will change in V3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.